In October 2018, the National Native Title Tribunal (NNTT) registered all six Indigenous Land Use Agreements (ILUAs) for the South West Native Title Settlement.
Since that time, applications have been made to the Federal Court for judicial review of the NNTT’s decision to register the ILUAs.
SWALSC welcomes all Noongar people to attend the Town Information Sessions to receive an information update and ask questions on the path ahead. The meetings are not Claim Group meetings, so you can attend the meeting that is closest to where you live.
The agenda for the Town Information Sessions will include:
· A SWALSC update about the registration of the six ILUAs.
· A legal update about the judicial review process for the NNTT’s registration of the six ILUAs.
· A discussion about the timeline for implementing the South West Native Title Settlement.
· An update about the nomination process for the Pre-incorporation Directors.
· Discussion about the draft Cultural Advice Policy.
· A general question and answer session.
Light refreshments will be provided.
For more information, please contact SWALSC on: 08 9358 7400.